Once applications are reviewed, employees will receive a copy of their application and projected reimbursement amount sent via interoffice to your Department Head for distribution. All projected reimbursement amounts are subject to change based on available funding.
1. Employees must submit a tuition reimbursement application form for the Spring and Fall semesters by the deadline date provided by Human Resources. Summer semester applications are submitted by the uniformed Fire Department only.
2. Employees must obtain their department head's signature on the tuition reimbursement application form. Forms submitted without signature will be returned to the employee.
3. Employees must submit a completed application to the Human Resources Department. Applications submitted to the Human Resources Department will be reviewed. If approved, the amount of reimbursement will be determined based on the number of applications and available funding. A copy of the application will be returned to the applicant.
4. After successful completion of the course(s), employees must submit proof of grades (letter from college/university, transcript) and payment by the deadline date (canceled check, receipt from college/university, bank or credit card statement).
5. All documents submitted will be reviewed by Human Resources. Following the review and approval of documents, all documents will be processed by Human Resources and submitted to the Pre-audit division of the Finance Department for final payment.
6. Checks are made payable to the employee at the address noted on the receipts or transcript. Employees must notify Human Resources if an alternate address is needed.
7. All inquiries to the above procedures should be directed to the Human Resources Department located in City Hall.
250 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103
Office Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm