MEETING OF THE COURT OF COMMON
NOVEMBER 27, 2006
THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE WILL BE MEETING
TODAY AT 6:00 P.M.
1. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Encouragement to the Metropolitan
District Commission ( MDC) to commit to adopting safer alternatives to chlorine gas for
disinfecting wastewater in
MAYOR PEREZ, with
accompanying resolution de Authorization for appropriation
in support of the Plaza Mayor
MAYOR PEREZ, with
accompanying resolution de Granting initial approval of a
agreement with Plaza Mayor, LLC for the Northwest and Southwest corners of Park and
Main Streets in the
Main-John-Hudson Street Project.
4. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to enter into contract
with Rebuilding Together Hartford, Hispanic Health Council and Goff Brown Associates,
LLC for services to implement
the Lead Demonstration Program.
5. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to enter into contract
with MI CASA Family Services
and Education Center, Inc.
6. PUBLIC BUILDING DEDICATION COMMITTEE de Renaming of Woodland Street
between Albany Avenue and
Greenfield Street to Jackie McClean Way.
7. MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET COMMITTEE, with accompanying substitute resolution
de Authorization to enter into and execute a lease agreement with GE Capital or its affiliate
to acquire three (3) street
vacuum machines and six (6) alternative passenger sedans.
FINANCE AND REVENUE
COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution de Authorization
for State Administrative Agency (SAA) to act as the agent of the City and enter into a
Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Department of Emergency Management and
Homeland Security (DEMHS) to
retain and administer grant funds.
9. FINANCE AND REVENUE COMMITTEE de Ordinance amending Chapter 32, Article II,
of the Code concerning
assessments for improvements to provide Tax Relief for apartments
PUBLIC WORKS, PARKS AND
ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE de Ordinance amending
Chapter 31 of Code concerning streets and sidewalks. (Newsracks).
11. PUBLIC WORKS, PARKS AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE, with accompanying
resolution de Request to transfer generated invested income from Hartford Parks Trust Fund
to the Capital Improvement
12. Report de Authorization to sign the agreement entitled "Agreement between the State of
Connecticut and the City of Hartford for the construction, inspection and maintenance of
Asylum Street utilizing Federal funds under the Urban Component of the Surface
Transportation Program, State Project No. 630570, Federal-Aid Project STPH-1063.
Ordinance amending Chapter 31
of Code de Streets and Sidewalks, as amended. (Newracks).
14. Report de Authorization to extend initial leases for properties located at 500H and 553H
Capitol Avenue with Aetna
15. Ordinance concerning a supplemental appropriation in the Capital Improvement Fund for
improvements at the Hartford
Public Central Library. ($199,083.68).
Ordinance amending existing
ordinances appropriating funds for Hartford Public High School
and authorizing the issuance of $1,500,000 General Obligation Bonds to meet said
Ordinance amending Chapter
32, Article II, of Code de Assessments for improvements.
18. (MAYOR PEREZ) Ordinance making appropriations for various public improvements
aggregating funds and authorizing the issuance of $2,350,000 Bonds of the City to meet said
appropriations and pending the issuance thereof the making of temporary borrowings for
HEARING DATE - Monday,
December 18, 2006
(MAYOR PEREZ) Nancy M. Mulroy
de Authorization for the Hartford Police Department
to enter into a personal services
20. (MAYOR PEREZ) Capitol Region Conference of Churches de Authorization to provide
services and programs to reduce urban violence and improve quality of life for all City
21. (MAYOR PEREZ) City of Hartford de Authorizing Connecticut Bank and Trust Company
as a qualified depository for
22. (COUNCILPERSON BOUCHER) City Hall Atrium de Permission for the Hartford Public
Library to hold reception
23. (COUNCILPERSONS HORTON SHEFF, PAINTER AND
WINCH) City operating budget
de Request to present quarterly hearings to the Council to comprehensively address the status of the.
24. (COUNCILPERSON PAINTER) First Night Hartford de Waiver of half the fee and
permission to use Bushnell
Park and street closures in the vicinity of the park for.
25. (COUNCILPERSON PAINTER) Municipal Building de Hosting of Annual Dinner by the
Hartford Stage for the
Ovation Society at.
26. (COUNCILPERSON PAINTER) Connecticut Clean Energy Fund (CCEF) de Authorization
to accept grant for clean
energy for the 20% X 2010 Campaign from.
Attest: Daniel M. Carey,