MEETING OF THE COURT OF COMMON COUNCIL
December 12, 2011
1. MAYOR SEGARRA, de Veto of resolution concerning the recommended annual salary
increase for City Treasurer Adam Cloud to be effective January 1, 2012.
2. MAYOR SEGARRA, with accompanying resolution de Appointment of Wendy Kwalwasser,
Ph.D. to the Commission of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.
3. MAYOR SEGARRA, with accompanying resolution de Appointment of Brunella A. Ibarrola to
the Commission on Food Policy.
4. MAYOR SEGARRA, with accompanying resolution de Appointment of Michelle L. Bicking to
the Commission on Aging.
5. MAYOR SEGARRA, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to accept funds from the
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving for developing a new Early Childhood Blueprint and
enhancing the Family Civics Initiative.
6. PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, de Report concerning the
authorization to enter into an agreement with the State of Connecticut for streetscape
improvements on Broad Street between Farmington Avenue and Capitol Avenue approved by
Council on August 8, 2011.
7. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES COMMITTEE de Report on various issues regarding
8. PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, with accompanying
resolution de Authorization for sale of City-owned land at 126 & 130 New Park Avenue and 8
& 161 Francis Court.
9. PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, with accompanying
resolution de Creation of a special task force to investigate and advise for creation of a new
municipally-owned and controlled electric power generation and supply facility comparable to
other cities in Connecticut.
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES COMMITTEE, de Ordinance amending Chapter 18,
Article VI, Section 18-140 of Code concerning Pest Extermination.
11. PUBLIC BUILDING DEDICATION COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution de
Installation of a permanent memorial bench on the Green at the intersection of Fairfield
Avenue and New Britain Avenue in honor of Thomas Decker Sisko.
12. PUBLIC BUILDING DEDICATION COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution de
Renaming Grove Street, between Prospect Street and Columbus Boulevard, "Bob Steele
13. PUBLIC BUILDING DEDICATION COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution de Naming
the dining room at the North Hartford Senior Center the Roberta L. Jones Community Room.
14. Resolution de Selection of an individual to complete the unexpired term of Mr. Lawrence
Davis who resigned from Internal Audit Commission.
15. Resolution de Appointment to the CDBG Task Force by the City Council of Marion Eichner.
COURT OF COMMON COUNCIL - December 12, 2011
16. Ordinance amending Chapter 10 of Code de Hartford Parking Authority.
17. Ordinance amending Chapter 22 of Code de Motor Vehicles and Traffic.
18. Resolution de Going on record and calling for closing by the end of 2012 one of Hartford's
trash incinerator's three boilers.
19. (MAYOR SEGARRA) Ordinance de Amending Chapter 2, Article V, Division 9B of the
Hartford Municipal Code concerning Hartford Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and
HEARING DATE - Monday, December 19, 2011
20. (COUNCIL PRESIDENT WINCH) (COUNCILMAN APONTE) (COUNCILMAN BRINSON)
Court of Common Council
Meeting scheduled for December 26, 2011 de Cancellation of.
21. (MINORITY LEADER COTTO) Via Verde
pipeline de Urging the U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers to deny PREPA's permit request for the.
22. (COUNCILMAN KENNEDY) Pending items before Council de Carrying over to incoming
Council for 2012-2016 of.
23. (COUNCILMAN KENNEDY) Blue Hills Civic Association de Allocation of funds from the
City's Contributions Towards Public Programs to.
Attest: John V. Bazzano