MEETING OF THE COURT OF COMMON
April 23, 2007
APPROVE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETINGS OF DECEMBER 26, 2006,
JANUARY 8, 2007, JANUARY 22, FEBRUARY 13, FEBRUARY 26, MARCH 12,
AND MARCH 26.
BUDGET FOR 2007-2008
1. CITY CLERK de Mayor's Budget Message, Recommended General Fund Budget and Capital
Improvement Program; Ordinance de Appropriations for General Fund; Ordinance de Tax
Levy on List on October 2006; and Ordinance concerning appropriations in the Capital
A public hearing has been assigned in accordance with Provision of the Municipal Code for
Tuesday, April 24, 2007, at
6:00 P.M., at the Bulkeley High School Auditorium.
(COPY OF THE RECOMMENDED
BUDGET IS ON FILE IN THE OFFICE OF
to Management and Budget Committee
2. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Tentative Agreement between the City
and the Buildings and Grounds
Supervisors, Local #818 .
3. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to accept funds from
State for the Summer Lunch
Referred to Education Committee
4. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to enter into agreement
with the State for Parkville
Urban Design and Transportation Improvements Project.
Referred to Public Works , Parks and Environment Committee
5. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to enter into a lease
agreement with Hartford Communities That Care, Inc./Stump the Violence Youth
Leadership Institute for
City-owned land on Lebanon Street.
6. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization for the Department of
Health and Human Services to contribute towards the operation of the UCONN Husky
Sports/Kelvin D. Anderson
Passed as amended
7. MAYOR PEREZ, with accompanying resolution de Authorization to make an application
with the State in order to maintain existing homeownership programs and to execute an
Referred to Housing Committee
MAYOR PEREZ, with
accompanying resolution de Authorization to accept the Alternative
National Vacant and Abandoned Properties
9. HOUSING COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution de Authorization for sale of
City-owned property located at 104-176 Clark Street to Meadows Real Estate &
QUALITY OF LIFE AND PUBLIC
SAFETY COMMITTEE, with accompanying resolution
de Authorization to enter into a Inter Local City Agreement with the City of New Britain
and the City of Bridgeport to share in the development of a Computer Aided Dispatch
Software System for the Public Safety Dispatch Centers of each City. (HEARTBEAT CAD
11. QUALITY OF LIFE AND PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE de Ordinance amending
Chapter 13, Article I of Code
concerning Fire Protection and Prevention. (Rapid Entry Key
Lock Box Systems).
12. Ordinance amending Chapter 22, Article II, Division 1, Section 22-29 of Code de Motor
vehicles and traffic.
(Hearing procedure for parking violations).
13. Resolution de Authorization for submission and adoption of the Year Three Annual Action
Plan. (Program Year 33;
Fiscal Year (2007-2008).
14. Ordinance amending Chapter 13, Article I, of Code de Fire Protection and Prevention.
(Rapid Entry Key Lock Box
15. (MAYOR PEREZ) Ordinance amending an ordinance appropriating $34,000,000 for the
construction of the University of Hartford Magnet School and authorizing the issuance of
$1,700,000 Bonds of the City to meet the City's portion of said appropriation and pending
the issuance thereof the
making to temporary borrowings for such purpose. ($1,700,000).
HEARING DATE - Monday,
May 21, 2007
Referred to Education Committee
16. (MAYOR PEREZ) Resolution de Request to enter into Executive Session to discuss the
Tentative Agreement between the City and the Buildings and Grounds Supervisors, Local
17. (MAYOR PEREZ) Classical Magnet School de Changing the name of Greater Hartford
Classical Magnet School
18. (MAYOR PEREZ) Southend Senior Center de Acceptance of grant from Hartford
Foundation for Public Giving
for cost associated with the establishment of.
(MAYOR PEREZ) Bushnell Park Pump House and Courtyard
de Authorization to execute a
license agreement with Marty Pushkarewicz
for the operation of.
BAZZANO) Budget Hearing de Order of
21. (COUNCILPERSON AIREY-WILSON) Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Awareness Day de
22. (COUNCILPERSON BOUCHER) "Does Diversity Matter?" Project and Sheff movement
goals de Support
23. (COUNCILPERSON HORTON SHEFF) Gussie Wortham Foundation de Allocation of
funds from the Health and
Human Services Recreation Contractual Account for.
Referred to Health and Human Services Committee
24. (COUNCILPERSON SEGARRA) Ryan White Program de Appeals to State Legislators to
increase AIDS services and
25. (COUNCILPERSON SEGARRA) State Legislature SB-1044-An Act Concerning
Discrimination Bill de
26. (COUNCILPERSONS WINCH AND BOUCHER) Residency incentives de
Authorization to continue the
implementation plan for.
27. (COUNCILPERSON HORTON SHEFF) Healthcare4every1 Campaign de endorsement of.
28. (COUNCILPERSONS TORRES AND BOUCHER) Ordinance concerning extended hours convenience
stores. HEARING DATE - Monday, May 21, 2007
Referred to Quality of Life and Public Safety Committee
29. (COUNCILPERSON TORRES) Ordinance amending Chapter 29, Article I, Section 29-17 of Code de
public safety police detail
for places of public amusement. HEARING DATE - Monday, May 21, 2007
to Quality of Life and Public Safety Committee
Daniel M. Carey,