Click To Expand Menu [ + ]

Town Clerk Services

Town Clerk

Select a Department

Marriage License

You need a marriage license if you are going to get married. A marriage license must be obtained from the city/town in which the ceremony is to occur.  If you are already married (or were married) and are looking for a marriage certificate to prove it, please click here.

A blood test is no longer required. Both parties must appear in person with drivers license or non-drivers photo ID, and social security card (or if non-resident a passport) in our office to apply for the marriage license. If you are here by 4:00 p.m. you may obtain the marriage license the same day. The license is valid for 65 days. The fee is $50.00.

 The legal age for marriage in Connecticut is 18. If you are under the age of 18 must have parental consent. Proper identification is required.

We are located at the Municipal Building at 550 Main Street, ground floor, room 103.

For more information contact the Office of the Town and City Clerk at 860-757-9690.

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM