Hartford Parks

Pope Park

Expand Hartford Parks Menu [ + ]

Select a Department

Pope Park

 On November 26th, 1894 Colonel Albert A. Pope provided in his will a gift to the City of 73.0 acres of parkland.  The establishment of a park south of Park Street was provided on the condition that the City of Hartford assume all costs for highway, sewers, curbs and general infrastructure.  Two additional acres were then added from Hartford real estate.  In 1897, the City finished purchasing additional southern tracts of land bringing the total acreage to 90 acres.  Fourteen acres adjacent to the park were also allocated by the City for juvenile and orphan asylums.     

 

South                    75.00 acres

 North                   4.00 acres

Total:                    79.00 acres

 

Pope Park North  4.00 acres

1 Spray Pool

1 Playscape

Picnic Tables

 

Pope Park   75 acres

1 Outdoor Basketball Court

1 Little League Baseball Field

1 Soccer Field

1 Outdoor Pool

1 Indoor Pool

1 Playscape

1 Pond

1 Softball Field

 

   

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM