Click To Expand Menu [ + ]

Select a Department

Are You a Victim of a Crime?

Guide to Filing a Citizen Complaint

The Guide to Filing a Citizen Complaint, published and developed by the HPD's Internal Affairs Division, is a guide on how to file a citizen complaint and also goes through the process of how citizen complaints are investigated.

Complaints may be made by:

  • Email to the commander of Internal Affairs at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • Mail to the commander of Internal Affairs c/o The Hartford Police Department, 253 High Street, Hartford, CT 06103

  • In person at Hartford Police Headquarters located in the City of Hartford Public Safety Complex, 253 High Street, Hartford, CT.

  • Telephoning HPD Internal Affairs directly at 860-757-4030

  • Mail to the City of Hartford Office of Community Engagement, Room 203, Hartford City Hall, 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103

Complaint Form, English

Complaint Form, Spanish

Forms are also available at every branch of Hartford Public Library. 

Click to Expand Menu [ + ]

Hartford Police Department
Public Safety Complex
253 High Street
Hartford CT, 06103

Have Information on Hartford Crime?

Submit a Tip 

Anonymous Tip Line:
(860) 722-TIPS (8477)

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM