FALL 2012 SEMESTER
Please be advised that Tuition Reimbursement Application forms for the Fall 2012 semester must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, August 31, 2012. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that his or her application is received in the Human Resources Department by no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, August 31, 2012. Please be advised that if your application is not received in the Human Resources Department by 5 p.m. on the above closing date, you will not be eligible to receive reimbursement for your coursework. In addition to the application, the scheduled courses and semester bill must be submitted.
Once applications are reviewed, employees will receive a copy of their application and projected reimbursement amount sent via interoffice to your Department Head for distribution. All projected reimbursement amounts are subject to change based on available funding.
1. Employees must submit a tuition reimbursement application form for the Spring and Fall semesters by the deadline date provided by Human Resources. Summer semester applications are submitted by the uniformed Fire Department only.
2. Employees must obtain their department head's signature on the tuition reimbursement application form. Forms submitted without signature will be returned to the employee.
3. Employees must submit a completed application to the Human Resources Department. Applications submitted to the Human Resources Department will be reviewed. If approved, the amount of reimbursement will be determined based on the number of applications and available funding. A copy of the application will be returned to the applicant.
4. After successful completion of the course(s), employees must submit proof of grades (letter from college/university, transcript) and payment by the deadline date (canceled check, receipt from college/university, bank or credit card statement).
5. All documents submitted will be reviewed by Human Resources.
Following the review and approval of documents, all documents
will be processed by Human Resources and submitted to the
Pre-audit division of the Finance Department for final payment.
6. Checks are made payable to the employee at the address noted
on the receipts or transcript. Employees must notify Human
Resources if an alternate address is needed.
7. All inquiries to the above procedures should be directed to the
Human Resources Department located in City Hall.